Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 large ripe avocado peeled and mashed
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ medium red/white onion finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2 wholemeal wraps
- 4 slices of cooked chicken
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- Combine all of the ingredients together, apart from the guacamole (mashed avocado).
Assemble the wraps:
- Place the wraps on a clean surface or chopping board. Spread the guacamole mixture down the centre of each.
- Put 2 slices of chicken over the guacamole, then place the sliced tomatoes and lettuce over the guacamole and chicken.
- Tuck one side of the wrap over the top of the filling and roll it over enclosing the filling. Cut the wraps in half to serve.
Budget tips: Use falafel instead of chicken.
Storage: Leave ingredients in separate containers. It keeps for three days in the fridge.
Swaps and additions: Add red pepper for extra flavour. Or why not add some heat with a small red, deseeded, finely chopped chill.
Serving suggestions: Use the avocado dip on top of soda bread with an egg for breakfast.