(Serves 1-2 as snack)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: Approx. 10 minutes
- 2 soft flour tortilla wraps
- 75g cheddar (or any other cheese you have)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Any optional ingredients (see below)
- Heat a wide non-stick frying pan (big enough to fit the wraps in) or a griddle pan over a low heat
- Place one wrap in the pan and evenly sprinkle over the grated cheese, spring onion and any of your optional ingredients
- Carefully place the 2nd wrap over the 1st wrap and all the ingredients like a sandwich to form your quesadilla
- After 2 minutes carefully lift the bottom wrap up to check it is cooked to a golden brown colour. Once it is, use a fish slice and flip the whole quesadilla and brown the other side.
- Once cooked transfer the quesadilla to a board or plate and cut into wedges like a pizza.
Swaps and additions: Swap white wraps for wholemeal. Try adding small amounts of any of your favourite ingredients like ham, chicken, smoked salmon, leftover roast chicken, cream cheese, avocado, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, jalepenos, coriander, goat’s cheese or brie and cranberry sauce…
You can even use toast instead of wraps and fresh/tinned fruit as a filling to create a breakfast alternative.
Serving suggestions: Serve with a big salad and some salsa or sour cream dip to have as a light meal
Storage: Best eaten when it’s still warm and gooey. Storage time depends on which ingredients you add – eat up meat/fish Quesadillas the same day. Veggie ones will last up to 2 days when kept in an air tight container in the fridge.